Monday, December 6, 2010

Blogging

In all the time I have been using social media, I never once considered starting a blog.  This past Wednesday I attended a class about social media and all it's wonders, and the instructor advised me to start blogging to get my brand out there.  I'm thinking to myself, I have a brand?!?!  Sweet!  Now what is it?  When I asked what it was, he told me that I was the brand.  Great, the only brand I am is the generic store brand all the way on the bottom shelf in the back.  I do understand where he is coming from though.  When I was selling real estate I was constantly told that I needed to get my name out there.  In other words, start branding myself.  I understood it then because I was offering a service to the community. 

My understanding about it has since changed slightly.  Although right now I am not really offering a "service" to my "community"(a service like real estate to a community like Mauston), I am offering a new service to my not so new community.  The service I will offer is still questionable.  Some days it may be entertainment, some days advice.  Other days I may just rant and rave about whatever is on my mind.  But each time I blog, I hope you, as my community, can take a nugget of what I am offering and somehow either apply it in your life or laugh at me and say, I am sooo not going to do what Matt has done!! 

1 comment:

  1. Between this and weight loss, you are really flourishing! Looking forward to seeing the new you both physically and mentally/spiritually! (or whatever this blog might become for you. ) :)

    ReplyDelete